Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blessings

I am so blessed. One day, and what a beautiful day it was. The sun was shining and I was actually just leaving Walmart. I was even able to buy myself alittle something that I normally couldn't afford to buy. Yes I truly am blessed. I got a call from my doctor as I was driving along enjoying the day so I stopped at a store so I could talk with him. He gave me the news of my recent lung x-ray. Negative. I was so thrilled, as I have worked around asbestos and I do smoke. I am blessed. So as I am smiling so big I get back into my little Toyota Corolla and putt on down the road. I am almost home and the light turns red, I come to a complete stop, I take a sip of my drink and suddenly I feel a huge bang and feel just pain soaring from my feet to my head, wow, what happen!! I sorta get to my senses a little and look around. My airbags are out, my windshield is cracked, my stereo is out of the dash, all the stuff I just bought was crushed and crumbled. What the heck happened, I still wasn't too sure. A lady comes rushing to my car screaming "are you ok?" I slowly realize somebody has smashed into my car, our ONLY car. My heart starts to break because I know it is bad. I see the front end is totally smashed, and just by the feeling of pain flowing through my whole body, I know the back is crushed up worse even. God why, our only car. Brittney has no way to work, the whole while this woman is yelling don't move help is on the way. I gotta find my phone, I gotta call my daughter, I need to hear her voice, I want to see her now. I start to cry, I find the phone, I cannot let her know how much pain I am in she will be so scared, she answers, I can barely talk, I try so hard to not just cry out to her. I am ok Brittney, I have been in a car accident. The car is totaled. She just screams out, "mom are you ok?" Brittney I am, calm down, I have to go, the people are at the car, I have to go, I need to see what happened.

I try to open my door, there is smoke all around, I have no idea where it is coming from, all I know is I feel like I have to get out. The woman is still here by me asking are you ok, don't move. I push on the door, it is jammed, so I push harder and tell the woman I must get out, I see smoke. She reassures me it is just coming from the two airbags in my car that deployed as my car smashed into the one in front of me. Then I hear this other woman yelling " I don't know what happened, I am disabled. I didn't see her stop. She just suddenly stopped. I am disable, I have a bad shoulder, and &*&*&*&*&, I just didn't listen to the rest of her problems, I was thinking I just had this serious neck surgery, and my very worst fear has happened. I am praying that this metal rod and screws and metal plates are all still in place. I don't feel the pain there, but I do in my feet and legs really bad, I can barely stand. The very kind woman that first came to me was telling me to go to the hospital that I was hit very hard. I told her I thought I was fine just my feet and legs hurt and I thought I was just fine. The man in front of me was in some pain in his neck. He was an older man, and his neck seemed to be hurting him. The medics were there, they all came running over to me, the woman who helped me was yelling she could be hurt bad. They gave me a quick check and I told them I just wanted to go home and see my daughter and granddaughter, but I would go to the hospital later. They then went to check on the man.

The police officer was very kind. The shock of seeing my car totaled was almost too much for me to comprehend, our lives were ruined. Britt had no way to work, we would not survive. What was I gonna do? The police officer reassured me that the woman who hit me was at fault without any doubt and he told me I could get a rental car and her insurance would have to pay for it. That settled me some. I just wanted to get home to my daughter, I needed her. I had no one to call. No one. But Brittney called Jason and he came. He was very upset too and told me that Brittney had the baby and was walking to me where the wreck happened. I just told him to go get her because she had the baby, he was in his work truck so we could not all fit in there. The tow truck driver was there getting my car so the police officer ask him to carry me home, we had no one else to call.

I am gonna stop here, I will be back to tell you how much I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment