Sunday, November 13, 2011

More Blessings

Sorry to have not finished my story but my mother had surgery and I had to be gone to take care of her last week.

When the police officer called the tow truck driver he asked him to take me home. The driver was more than happy to do so, I was not that far from my home when the woman bashed her car into me. He loaded up the car and I climbed into this huge tow truck, I could barely get in. By this time I was beginning to feel some really bad pain in my lower legs and feet and my right side sorta. I knew I had to go to the emergency room as soon as I got to Britt.

As we pulled up in front of my house, Britt came outside, she way crying so hard. She was so worried about me, and when she saw the car she really lost it. I lost it too. Knowing that we have no other car and that we really had no one close to drive us anywhere, the feeling of total dismay and hopelessness filled both of our hearts. What were we gonna do? The police officer told me not to worry, the woman's insurance would have to get us a rental car and Britt could get to work. But that feeling was there, we had worked so hard to pull ourselves back up after I got sick and finally were doing ok, and now this. I know that God commands us not to be afraid that He is always with us. At times like these I tend to forget that briefly. Britt was so upset that is hurt me to see her cry so hysterically, so I cried even more. She was worried about me so we went to the emergency room right then. I was feeling more and more pain. I couldn't walk so they got a wheelchair for me. They checked me all over, x-rays, cat scans and all. It seemed I was in the room for days waiting for the doctor to come in and let me go home. I was in so much pain by this time that I was really crying and getting very upset. It was all hitting me, being hurt, no car and not knowing what we were going to do about Britt getting to work. I think I crashed because I really cried hard. One of those uncontrollable crying fits that I would never let Britt see, I was doing it right in front of her. I had never broken down like that before in front of her. But she was there to comfort me. When the doctor finally came in after an eternity, he told me I had to stay the night due to a liver laceration. All I wanted to do was to go home and get in my bed, so I was even more upset. Go figure, something just had to be wrong. I finally got into the room. It was beautiful for a hospital room. It even had a sort of living room for family members in it. The baby was there too, she could not understand why nay nay could not hold her and play with her and that hurt my feelings. She was crying for me to hold her, plus she was worn out from being at the hospital all day, it was about 9pm, we got there about noon. As I finally accepted the fact that I had to stay over nite and started to relax and doz off, the surgeon came in. He told me that the laceration was not real bad and if I promised to stay in bed the next few days and not do anything, he would let me go home. I was so excited. We packed all up and headed home.

I stayed in bed for about 7 days, I had to, I couldn't walk. My feet were terribly swollen along with my knees and legs. I could make it to the bathroom, thank God, I don't do bedpans well at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment